Hala Travel Management LLC. (“HTM”, ”we”, “us”, “our”) is a joint venture between Etihad Airways, the multi award winning national airline of the United Arab Emirates and BCD Travel (“BCD”), the third largest travel management company in the world.
The www.htm.ae website (the “HTM Website”) is owned and operated by Hala Travel Management LLC. HTM is responsible for the processing of any personal information you provide to the HTM Website.
How we use personal information
We will hold, store and use personal information (which will be processed with/by electronic and non-electronic means) in the following ways:
- To fulfil any agreement we have with you (if any);
- To allow you to contact us;
- To analyse how our users access and navigate our services and use of the HTM Website;
- To provide you with urgent assistance in case of emergency; and
- For any other purpose notified on the HTM Website.
How we share information with others
We work closely with a number of trusted partners with whom we need to share personal information to help us to provide our services. These include:
- Our sister companies around the world, including other Etihad Aviation Group (“EAG”) divisions and brands such as Etihad Airways and BCD companies;
- Service providers who work with us to help provide our services and contractors who help us run our office operations
- Companies to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- Customs and/or immigration departments or other regulatory authorities;
- Other agencies, law enforcement or governmental organisations where we are required to do so by any applicable law; or
- Our contractors and other third party agents outside of the EAG, BCD and HTM for any of the above.
Please note that some of these data recipients may be based in territories such as the United Arab Emirates or the United States of America, whose laws do not offer, in the opinion of the European Commission or the Director of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, an adequate level of data protection.
If you would like to know more about who we share your personal information with please click here or write to the Ethics and Compliance Office PO Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
How we protect your information
We invest significant resources in protecting the security and confidentiality of personal information.
- We offer the use of secure communication transmission software (known as "secure sockets layer" or "SSL") that encrypts all information you input to our website before it is sent to us. SSL is an industry standard encryption protocol and this ensures that the information is reasonably protected against unauthorised interception;
- We also follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to that information; and
- We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose to us via email or online.
- Where you disclose information to us using your mobile device, please ensure that it remains safe. We cannot be held responsible for any data misuse arising from unauthorised access to your device.
Customer support and online services
If you contact us with a query or comment about any of our services, we will need to collect information about you (including your contact details) to help us respond to your query or request. We may do this when you call our Ticketing & Reservations Office or Sales & Administration office, or interact with us online.
We may also keep a record of any communications we have with you (including a recording of any calls you make). We do this in compliance with applicable laws to help monitor and improve the quality of our customer support services.
Accessing your personal information
In some countries, you have the right to see or access the personal information we hold about you. We may charge a small fee for processing this request (where permitted by law). To receive a copy, please write to the Ethics and Compliance Office, PO Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates or click here to send your request via the web.
If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, out of date or may be used inappropriately, please click here or write to the address above to report your concerns and we will take appropriate steps to amend our records. These arrangements are without prejudice to any statutory rights you may have in your country to require us to rectify, cease processing and/or delete certain records, or enforce privacy rights before a local data protection supervisory authority.
Transfer of your personal information
We need to transfer the personal information referred to in this policy across the EAG and BCD to help operate our business efficiently. We also allow third party service providers to process personal information where this is needed in connection with a service they provide to us. These arrangements may involve your personal information being located in various countries around the world. The countries to which we commonly disclose your personal information include the United Arab Emirates, where we have our head offices, the United States of America and the United Kingdom. Some of these countries, for example, the United States of America and the United Arab Emirates, may not have data protection laws that provide an equivalent level of data privacy protection as the laws in your country of residence.
When in these countries, your personal information may, where legally permitted, be disclosed as required by applicable law. This may include providing access to foreign courts or governmental authorities but we will only do this where we are legally obligated and permitted to do so.
We will always strive to adopt the highest standards of privacy protection, wherever your personal information is located and adopt appropriate measures (consistent with locally applicable privacy laws) to secure an adequate level of privacy protection.
Retaining your personal information
Our policy on "cookies"
A cookie is an element of data that a website sends to your browser, which then stores it on your system. Cookies may collect personal information about you. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make HTM Website more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to take you to the language site of last use, so that we can give you a better experience when you return to our website.
A cookie will be deployed on your device when you visit the HTM Website unless you indicate that you do not wish this to happen or if you have turned this feature 'off' in your web browser settings.
We are aware of some people and organisations, unrelated to HTM and the Etihad Aviation Group, sending emails or otherwise contacting people to make fraudulent offers of employment. These people and organisations may request personal information or money from you in order to progress the application. We would strongly advise you never to provide your bank account or credit card details as part of an employment application.
During our recruitment process you will always be asked to meet face-to-face with a representative of HTM for an interview before any formal offer of employment is made.
No member of HTM and the Etihad Aviation Group will ever ask for payment of any kind, including money transfers, from job applicants. We will never ask for advance payment from you for travel expenses or visas/work permits if your application is successful.
If you are asked for money in order to process or take up a job opportunity with us please treat it as fraudulent and the contact the EAG Ethics Line immediately.